Dallas is the 4th most populous metro region in the country with some of the best neighborhoods for families and professionals. The job market in the Dallas area is thriving, which is driving up rental costs, so buying a home here might be your best option. Here are some of the neighborhoods in Dallas in which to […]
Dallas Piano Movers Cost
The average cost of Dallas piano movers is between $300 and $600. Several factors influence the final cost of hiring professional movers to transport your instrument, including:
- Type of Piano: Size and weight affect the overall expense of piano relocation. For example, a typical upright is much lighter (about 300 pounds) than a grand piano (which can weigh up to 1,400 pounds). Uprights and spinets also don’t require as much truck space, which is another factor that contributes to the final cost.
- Age of the Piano: Antique pianos have a spirit and sound all their own. They are beautiful reminders of craftsmanship, but older examples also require extra care and handling. Along with special crating, this can boost the price. Considering the monetary and sentimental value of these pianos, it’s definitely worth the effort to keep your prized instrument in excellent condition.
- Stairs: Okay, so stairways and multiple floors aren’t exactly easy to navigate. Plus, it involves accounting for many other logistics. If your piano move involves any of these steps, prepare to pay an extra fee. Want to know more about pricing? Contact us today!
- Required Services: In some cases, particularly when it comes to grand pianos, you’ll need to have your instrument disassembled, crated, and possibly stored. Whatever your needs, we can find you the right fit. Additional fees will apply.
- The Distance of Move: The length of your piano’s trip can significantly affect pricing. A long-distance haul, for instance, will typically cost more than a local one. Interstate haulers charge by weight and distance, while local movers charge by the hour.