Whether you’re traveling to a new Texas town or another state, moving a piano in Dallas takes proper care by knowledgable folks. Yes, you could go the DIY route, but do you really want to take the chance? The reality is that your treasured instrument deserves the attention of professional piano movers. Cheap Dallas Movers connects you with the best piano movers in the Dallas metro area. Whether you need to transport an upright passed down from generation to generation, or a concert grand that needs prepping for a venue change, we’ve got the perfect solution!
Dallas Piano Movers Cost
The average cost of Dallas piano movers is between $300 and $600. Several factors influence the final cost of hiring professional movers to transport your instrument, including:
- Type of Piano: Size and weight affect the overall expense of piano relocation. For example, a typical upright is much lighter (about 300 pounds) than a grand piano (which can weigh up to 1,400 pounds). Uprights and spinets also don’t require as much truck space, which is another factor that contributes to the final cost.
- Age of the Piano: Antique pianos have a spirit and sound all their own. They are beautiful reminders of craftsmanship, but older examples also require extra care and handling. Along with special crating, this can boost the price. Considering the monetary and sentimental value of these pianos, it’s definitely worth the effort to keep your prized instrument in excellent condition.
- Stairs: Okay, so stairways and multiple floors aren’t exactly easy to navigate. Plus, it involves accounting for many other logistics. If your piano move involves any of these steps, prepare to pay an extra fee. Want to know more about pricing? Contact us today!
- Required Services: In some cases, particularly when it comes to grand pianos, you’ll need to have your instrument disassembled, crated, and possibly stored. Whatever your needs, we can find you the right fit. Additional fees will apply.
- The Distance of Move: The length of your piano’s trip can significantly affect pricing. A long-distance haul, for instance, will typically cost more than a local one. Interstate haulers charge by weight and distance, while local movers charge by the hour.
Piano Moving Services In Dallas
Weighing anywhere from 300 lbs. to 1400 lbs., a piano requires a lot of strength and finesse to safely & securely transport it. You could try your hand at doing it yourself, but the risk isn’t worth the potential piano damage or bodily injury. Cheap Dallas Movers makes it super easy to find the right professionals to fit your needs and budget – all without breaking a sweat or your back!
Depending on your piano, you might need a disassembly service. This added option is typically reserved for grand pianos, which tend to need items like legs, piano lid, lyre, and more to be expertly removed, wrapped, and transported. In general, uprights do not require this additional step.
Special Piano Moving Equipment
Again, you could DIY your piano relocation. But without the right equipment and experience, it isn’t worth the risk. Our fully vetted, insured, and seasoned piano specialists make it look easy! Utilizing specialized piano dollies and more, you can breathe a sigh of relief.
Pianos are complex and temperamental instruments that require just the right balance of temperature and humidity. When in need of a reliable storage option, look no further than Cheap Dallas Movers. We specialize in connecting our customers with climate-controlled storage solutions. Plus, if you go with one company for all your moving & storage needs, it makes everything that much easier & cheaper!
Local Piano Moving
Don’t let it deceive you. A local move can be just as precarious as a long-distance haul. The challenges can stem from narrow staircases to twisting hallways and everything else in-between. Whether you need transport to a new church, concert venue, or multiple-story home, our piano moving partners significantly reduce the chance of any issues arising during the secure delivery of your precious instrument.
Long Distance Piano Moving
Are you planning an interstate or cross-country move soon? Finding a company you can fully trust with your piano is crucial. There are two major steps to this type of relocation – safe transport and secure move-in process – and both need to be executed with precision. Cheap Dallas Movers takes the guesswork out of selecting a dependable piano moving outfit. Contact us today!
Since your piano is a delicate and intricate item, you want to ensure proper reassembly at its new home. It’s not a great feeling when something looks or feels off after reassembly. Our piano pros ensure a dependable service so that all you have to do is retune and play to your heart’s content.